Wel come to Mountain Experience. "The Himalayan Adventures Specialist".............. "The Himalayan Adventures Specialist"
Mountain Experience Pvt. Ltd. Trekking and Expedition was founded with a vision to provide our clients with a unique travel experience that brings enjoyment and creates an understanding of local cultures. We offer cultural journeys on foot. Walking is the best way to explore a country, and combined with a high standard of comfort and with experienced, well-informed guides, will ensure that each one of you enjoys an outstanding experience that will be fondly remembered for many years.
At Mountain Experience we plan our trips with you in mind so that you can experience the scenic sights and local cultures at a leisurely pace. Our itineraries are well-structured and offer flexibility, fun and education. Our Sherpa staff are among the most experienced ones in the business, with invaluable background knowledge, and our equipment is first class – we use Hyperspace tents and comfortable mattresses and we provide folding chairs, tables, communal dining tent, toilet and kitchen facilities. Our hard working, cheerful cooks conjure up amazing dishes whilst on the move and are always attentive to hygiene so that you remain healthy and active during your journey.
Mr. Chhuldim Temba Sherpa started his trekking business at the age of 18 and has acted as a guide to all trekking destinations in Nepal and Tibet, leading numerous people from all over the world. He is very experienced and, has led some expedition groups to Everest, summiting twice. His reputation in the trekking business is good and he is Managing Director for Mountain Experience (P) Ltd., in Kathmandu, one of the leading trekking agencies in the country.
Mr. Tamding Sherpa
Mr. Tamding Sherpa, aged 39, began his career as a guide in the trekking business at the age of 17. He has lead treks in most areas of Nepal and Tibet, leading numerous people from all over the world. He has also climbed many trekking peaks in Nepal with various groups from other countries and has also joined expeditions up to 8,100m. He has vast experience in trekking, management and is currently Executive Director for Mountain Experience (P) Ltd., a well-known agency with a good reputation in the trekking and expedition business.
Mr. Russell Brice
Russell has been leading expeditions to the Himalayas since 1974 and now has a regular team of Sherpas who are the most respected in Nepal.
Russell has led clients to the summit of Everest, Manaslu, Cho Oyo (8,201m), Himal Chuli (7,540m), Shishapangma (8,046m), Ama Dablam (6,856m).
Individually, he has the world record for the fastest single solo ascent without oxygen of both Cho Oyo and of Ama Dablam, and in 1988 became the first climber to cross the infamous Pinnacles of the NE ridge of Everest with Harry Taylor.
Russell is now widely reputed as one of the most professional leaders of all guided expeditions to the Himalayas.
Russell is a member of the British Mountain Guides Association and Syndicat National des Guides de Montagne. He is also a co-founding Director of Friends of Humanity - a non-profit organisation dedicated to helping disadvantaged peoples in various parts of the world, and is a Patron of Smile High- a charity with the vision of providing much needed dental services in remote areas of Nepal.
• His superior organisational skills have been used by several film and television crews including the Discovery Channel, the BBC, National Geographic and Tigress Productions.
• HTV film “The last Ridge On Everest” a documentary of the successful crossing of “The Pinnacles” on the NE ridge of Everest. Russell filmed about 60% of the total footage used.
• Filming of paragliding, parachuting, ballooning and climbing in Chamonix, Namibia, Spain and Nepal.
• Project co-ordinator and cameraman for the “Balloon Over Everest”expedition.
• Guide, location manager, stuntman for Leo Dickinson, filming in Chamonix and Pakistan. Two TV documentaries, one about Doug Scott breaking his legs on the Orge, the other about Joe Simpson when his bivouac ledge fell off the Dru.
• Guide, location manager for Leo Dickinson on Everest. “One Foot On Everest”.
• Project co-ordinator for Cable & Wireless "Balloon Around The World" project. Several documentaries, one with National Geographic.
• Logistics co-ordinator for QinetiQ “Balloon to the Edge of Space” Project.
• Guide, location manager for BBC film team looking for Sandy Irvin on North Ridge of Everest.
• Tigress/Discovery documentary on Everest North side, Everest: Beyond the Limit
• BBC production in Chamonix, Ice: This is Your World
• Logistics co-ordinator for Discovery's television series Beyond the Limit, Season 1 with Tigress Productions.
• Guide, location manager and film crew for The Wildest Dream – Anthony Geffen.
• Owner operator of Chamonix Experience Ltd a guiding bureau based in Chamonix, France.
• Owner operator of Mountain Experience Ltd a trekking agency based in Kathmandu, Nepal.
• Located in the Chamonix Valley since 1991, summitted Mont Blanc 88 times, skied the Vallée Blanche more than 350 times.
• Managed ski areas in New Zealand for 4 years. Helicopter ski guide for 5 years.
• First person to climb all of the 30 peaks over 3,000m in New Zealand in one summer season.
• 21 ascents of Mount Cook and 15 ascents of Mount Aspiring.
• 1974 Climbed west face of Yerapaja (6635m) Peru.
• 1976-7 Worked in Antarctica taking molten lava samples from inside the active volcano on Eribus, managing Vanda Station.
• 1980 The second ascent of the north ridge of Ama Dablam (6856m) and 5th ascent of the mountain.
• 1981 Attempted 2 man expedition of Everest west ridge, reaching 8400m, twice.
• 1984 Attempted North Face of Kangchenjunga reaching 8,200m in a 4 man team.
• 1988 First person to cross "The Pinnacles" on the NE ridge of Everest with Harry Taylor.
• 1989 Guided Himal Chuli West (7540m) and did first ascent of peak.
• 1990 Guided Shishapangma (8046m).
• 1990 Climbed Cho Oyo and flew triple parapente from just below summit.
• 1992 Guided Broad Peak.
• 1995 Climbed the normal route of Ama Dablam in 3 hours 20 minutes the fastest ascent of the mountain.
• 1996 Skied from summit of Cho Oyo.
• 1974 - 2007 Guided Everest every spring season from Tibet, twice on summit.
• 1974 - 2007 Guided Cho Oyo every autumn season from Tibet, 9 times on summit.
• 2008 Climbed Elbrus.
• 2008 - present Guided Manaslu every autumn season.
Mountain Experience was easy to communicate with via email or phone if necessary and they took care of all the details for the trip. They met us at the airport when we arrived, and they made sure we got to the airport on time for our return. We've now used Mountain Experience twice, and have